"We are discipling children to know and experience God through Biblical Teaching and Mentorship"
Children are an important and active part of today's church and our community. Which is why we're so excited to re-launch Sonlight Kids, and finally, interact with the children in person!
Please read the following relaunch statement and guidelines for information on how we plan to keep our children safe:
The safety and care of your children are very important to us. In these uncertain times of COVID19 we understand your concerns for the health of your family and extended family so in our desire to open SonLight Kids at Calvary Community Church we have established guidelines and procedures according to the Alberta Government Re-Launch Phase II COVID-19 INFORMATION GUIDANCE FOR DAY CAMPS as referred to in the GUIDANCE FOR PLACES OF WORSHIP document as well as the associated documents.
I appreciate your patience with us as we endeavour to make the SonLight experience as safe as possible while allowing the children an opportunity to gather, socialize and continue to grow their faith journey with Jesus in familiar surroundings. For the families who choose to wait before bringing their children to SonLight Kids until a later date, children are still welcome to sit with their parents in the service as we continue to practise social distancing in the auditorium. We will continue to provide activities to occupy the children as they follow along with the message. The zoom classes on Sunday afternoon will not continue after August 1.
The Alberta Government Stage 2 Re-launch Guidelines do not permit nurseries/childcare for children under the age of 2 years. Therefore SonLight Kids will be divided into 2 cohorts determined by birth date. Each Cohort will be divided into 2 rooms. Children born between January 1, 2017 and July 1, 2018 will be in Cohort 1A and between January 1, 2015 and June 30, 2017 will be in Cohort 1B. (Depending on the number of children attending, this cohort may meet as one group). The children born between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2014 (6.5 to 8 yrs approx.) will be in Cohort 2A. Those children born between January 1 2009 and December 31, 2011 (9-11 years approx.) will be in Cohort 2B
Cohorts: The following information has been provided on the Alberta Government recommendations as referenced from Guidance for Cohorts.
- Limiting close physical contact only to those in a cohort decreases opportunities for being exposed to the virus while giving the opportunity for social interaction between individuals with the cohort.
- Keeping the same people in the same cohort group, rather than mixing and mingling, helps reduce the chance your or someone else will get COVID-19. If someone does get sick, it is easier to trace a person's close contacts when cohort members are known
- Core Cohort: Your core cohort includes the people with whom your regularly spend time with and have the closest physical contact with. This includes immediate and extended family members as well as up to 15 additional people from outside your household.
- Under stage 2 of relaunch other types of cohorts are permitted in addition to the Core Cohort. SonLight Kids would be an additional permitted cohort.
- When participating in an additional cohort it is important to keep the core cohort safe.
- Limit the number of additional cohorts and agree that all participants will commit to doing their best to keep all other participants safe and healthy. Be healthy and not showing any COVID-19 symptoms (see full symptom list attached)
- Limit interactions with people outside the cohort by maintaining a 2 meter distance from others or wear a mask.
- You must not have travelled outside Canada or been in contact with a case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
The following guidelines for attending SonLight Kids will be required of all families.
- All children must be registered in there appropriate Cohort on Eventbrite, by going to www.calvarycommunity.ca/children/tickets
- Register as early in the week prior as possible so that we can plan activities accordingly.
- Registration will require that you adhere to the basic COVID-19 safety Guidelines before confirming your ticket.
- On the day you arrive you will need to take each child in your family to their individual space in the Children's Wing via the exterior “fire” door in each room. These doors will be labelled with signs indicating the Cohort #.
- A parent must accompany the child to their space. While waiting your turn to register, practice safe social distancing from other families.
- When it is your turn to register with the teacher (wearing a mask) at the door, be prepared to answer the required questions regarding COVID-19 symptoms. (Document attached) Your child's temperature will be confirmed with a non-invasive infrared thermometer. If your child exhibits any symptoms that may be related to the COVID-19 virus you will need to take your child home and be advised to consult your doctor.
- Once your child is registered, a teacher will help your elementary child put on a face mask.
Parents will pick up each child at the same place they were dropped off.
Each cohort will be dismissed as follows;
- Children will remain seated until their parent comes to the exterior door to pick them up.
- A teacher/assistant will stand at the door and call the child’s name when the parent arrives. Each child/family will be dismissed individually.
Volunteer Opportunities Available!
We are Stronger Together, so let's do ministry together! Your skills, gifts and abilities will contribute to a stronger Sonlight Kids. So what can God do through you?
What you do: Meet the families as they come in on Sunday mornings and direct them to the correct place for check-in.
What you need: A friendly Smile, A good attitude,
When you do: Sunday mornings from 9:40 to 10:10, meet at 9:20 am in the Resource room for prayer and updates
What you do: Smile, sign in/out children & volunteers on the computer and update family information, security during the service, general supervision of area
What you need: A friendly Smile, A good attitude, some computer skills
When you do: Sunday mornings from 9:00 to 11:30, meet at 9:20 am in the Resource room for prayer and updates, 2 Sundays on/2 Sundays off rotation
What you do: Impart the love of Jesus into the hearts of children. “We are discipling children to know and experience God through Biblical Teaching and Mentorship”
What you need: To know Jesus and desire to share the gospel message to children with love and compassion
When you do: Lesson preparation and prayer is done throughout the week. Teaching on a shared rotation – 2 Sundays on then 2 Sundays off 9 am to 11:30 am
What you do: a variety of tasks such as preparing crafts, packing individual student bags for Sunday mornings, photocopying/printing, Google search for resources, organizing and tidying resource room and classrooms, cleaning toys, assisting Director with chores, etc
What do need: A willing attitude, flexibility
When you do: About 2-3 hours per week as your schedule allows. Some items must be done on Fridays but others can be done anytime.